Friday, February 19, 2010

Art Lesson #2- "the time my brother broke his leg, and how i helped"

It was the summer of 1990. I was sporting neon pink shorts, a visor and was hosting a play date with a school friend.

My brother Jamie decided he would join us and put on a show of his latest ninja turtle moves (he was 3). Not really that interested, I asked him if he wanted to play butler, and bring us some juice on a platter. [I know this may seem mean, but i was 7.. lets not judge. Older sisters are allowed, I’ve paid him back over the years. By the way, this is the same year he ripped the head off of my favorite doll and then proceeded to hide the head as far away from its body as he could.]

Like a good little brother he clambered upstairs and got us juice on a platter. On his way down the basement stairs, he decided to combine his talented ninja kicks with talented butler skills.

This ended how you imagine it did.

Spilt juice, and a broken leg.
I blame the ninja turtles, and not my efforts to include my brother in playing house.




He was screaming "turtle power" when this photo was taken.

How is this an art lesson? My play date consisted of making our own playdough. Find the recipe below:

Rubbery Playdough

2 cups baking soda
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup cornstarch

Mix with a fork until smooth. Boil over medium heat until thick. Spoon onto plate or wax paper.

Add food colouring for rainbow pleasure.


enjoy:)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog